Monday, December 14, 2009

It's a love/hate relationship with Bakerella



I'm in love with Bakerella. This website makes you feel like you're an artist in the kitchen and have the ability and creativity to do just about anything with a bit of sugar. It looks that easy.

First, I thought for sure I could make wedding pops for my own wedding. Easy Breezy. How hard could it be? Two cookie cutters, frosting, a small heart confetti topper. easy peazy, right? hah. Right...
I would like to meet this cooking bakerella. She's like Martha Stewart. Martha makes every craft look she could do it in her sleep. Who are we kidding. Martha has a crew she hires for craft bearing assistance.



To practice my wedding cake pops I decided to make cake turkeys for Thanksgiving. And because I was inspired and in the cooking spirit, shopping for all of my cake-goodies, why not go ahead and buy the necessary items for my Christmas reindeer pops in the same shopping trip. At this point I'm apparently a cake-pop making guru.

And look! Those turkeys have those simple sweet heart shaped mouths. Just like the wedding cake-pops. What a coincidence. (PS. No one can ever find heart confetti in real life)

In two hours I think I made two turkeys. Those turkeys didn't end up looking like *her* turkeys. ugh -- ;lkajsdf;lkdiej (frustration!). By morning, the turkeys were toast. Dead. They fell apart :( No worries, I ate the cake (which was delicious!) but screw you bakerella! I wish I had your mad skills.






Those sweet, sweet cake pops are deadly. I will make a good looking cake pop someday. Underneath this frustration I'm really jealous (as if you couldn't tell :) Tips on making good cake pops anyone? If you've never made a cake pop, check out bakerella and you'll be tempted. Just like I was/still am.

With love,
Rachel Linnea



1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I have to confess a couple of things.
    First, thank you for your encouragement! I am ashamed to say I have shamelessly facebook/blog-stalked linnealiz for a few months and haven't let anyone know. I apologize now that the cat's out of the bag.

    Second, I thought of you immediately when starting the holiday piece. You're one of the few Swedes I know, so that one's for you. :D I'm glad you saw it.

    Good luck with wedding plans- congrats! I'm shocked there are no pictures of YOU on here with Colin... making engagement photos but not your own- for shame!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete